About Stock Adjustments
The Stock Adjustment page enables you to enter details of a stock adjustment which in turn updates your stock levels/values in Unleashed and your accounting provider. This page is accessed by going to the stock adjustment List and adding a new adjustment or drilling down on a current one.
A stock adjustment is used to adjust stock for any number of reasons such as write-offs, stock-takes, donations etc. You can also adjust the value of a product via Stock Adjustments page.
Stock Adjustment page
Stock Adjustment video tutorial
How to enter a stock adjustment
Enter a warehouse and reason
When you first add an adjustment you will need to enter two fields to start with:
This account defaults to the Cost of Goods Sold account that you have configured in your accounting provider's configuration page.
- Warehouse: This is the warehouse that the stock you are adjusting is in. If you only have the one warehouse then this should be defaulted for you.
- Reason: This is the adjustment reason you associate with this stock adjustment. You can set these up under Settings | Adjustment Reasons.
- Account: When you have an accounting provider enabled, this account field becomes available, it can be used in a journal that is sent to your accounting provider. For example, a wastage account.
Enter the product, quantity & value you are adjusting by.
After choosing the Warehouse and Reason you will need to enter four more fields (make sure you fill all these out before clicking 'Add'):
- Product: This is the product you are adding the adjustment line for. If you cannot find it by typing in the code/description try using the magnifying glass search
- Quantity: This is the quantity that you are adjusting by. You can increase it (e.g. 5) or decrease it by typing a minus before the number (e.g. -5)
- Value: This value will automatically default to the adjustment quantity times your landed price however you can also override this and change it. You can also enter a value with no quantity if you only want to adjust the landed price.
When you enter a quantity of one, the value is per unit; it is taken from the Average Landed Cost for that product; i.e. $2.00. If a quantity of 10 is entered then the value shows as a total for all 10 items at $20.00. When a quantity and value is entered, then view it in the 'Global Values' section; this shows what effect that line has on the overall Quantity, Value and Average Landed Cost.
- Comments: You can also enter any comments you like that relate to this adjustment so when you look back you can see all the details
Check the Global Quantity, Value and Average Landed Price before completing.
After adding all the stock adjustment lines you will be able to see them in the grid with the New Global Amounts updated. These are the amounts after this adjustment has been applied so you can check to see that it is what you are trying to do. It is important to check the Avg. Land Price is correct. To adjust the Avg. Land Price only just change the Adjustment Value until it equals what you are after.
If your adjustment includes value it will automatically send an adjustment journal to your accounting provider for approval. For Xero users, Journals show in Xero as nil value Accounts Payable drafts and should be Approved regularly, to keep the drafts list clear and to ensure your Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss stay accurate.
Ensure that your accounting provider is setup for Stock on Hand and Cost of Goods Sold. Also ensure it is, up-to-date and correct. You need to change the account for the stock movement to the relevant account if the Cost of Goods Sold account is not correct.
Once you enable the Batch Tracked Products feature, you can perform stock adjustments on batch tracked Products. Additionally, you can review the batch numbers(s) for each adjustment made. If a batch tracked product needs a stock adjustment, then you can use the Batch column available to review and adjust accordingly.
Ensure that you have selected the right quantity, otherwise it does not let you complete.
Once you enable the Serialized Products feature, you can perform stock adjustments on Serialized Products. Additionally, you can now review the serial number(s) for each adjustment made. If a serialized product needs a stock adjustment, then you can use the Serial Number column available to review and adjust accordingly.
You cannot manage any serial numbers when you click Complete.
Ensure that you have selected the right quantity, otherwise it will not complete. If you are just adjusting the value then you do not need to select any serial numbers.
How to remove serialized numbers when making a stock adjustment
You can remove Serialized Products from a warehouse. However, you cannot select more serial numbers than the expected quantity.
- From the Serial Number column, click on the (+) icon.
- Select the serial numbers that appear from the Serial Number list and tick the check box.
- Click Delete to complete adjustment.