About the Stock Count Entry page
Once the count has been created, your products display in the grid with no counts entered. This page is the last part of the Stock Count process, from this page you enter your count quantities and complete the stock count.
Stock Count Entry page
Import: Clicking this button takes you to the Import Stock Count page, where you can import stock counts by using csv files.
Export: Clicking this button exports your stock count via a PDF or XLS file for you to use locally.
Complete: Clicking this button will complete your stock count. See Complete your stock counts for more information.
Save: Clicking this button saves your stock count no matter what status it is in. See Save your stock count for more information.
Print: Clicking this button provides you with the option to print your stock count. It generates a PDF of your count for you to use. See Print your stock count for more information.
Stock Count Name: Field that displays the name of the count, if available.
Start Date: Field that displays the date the count was created.
Warehouse: Displays the specified warehouse for the stock count.
Line: Lists the line number of the stock, e.g; 1,2,3 etc.
Product Code: Lists the specified product code of the product, e.g. ANIMAL, BISCUIT etc.
Product Description: Lists the specified description of the product, e.g. Animal Shapes Box Set.
Bin Location: Lists the bin location of the product located in the warehouse.
Unit of Measure: Lists the specified unit of measure for the product, e.g. each, pack etc.
Pack Size: Lists the specified pack size for the product, e.g. 1.00.
Count Quantity: Lists the amount of stock that has been counted.
Serial: Lists all of the attached Serial Numbers for the product.
Batch: Lists all of the attached Batch Numbers for the product.
Print Variance: When the Print Variance button is selected, it generates a PDF print report. It shows you your variances so far according to what you have entered. We recommend printing this before actually completing the Stock count.
Delete: This button deletes the count that you are currently working on. Deleting the count will then unfreeze all the stock for the count.
How to make a stock count entry
This is the next step in the Stock Count process is to enter all your counts.
You can do this by:
- From the Create Stock Count page, click Create Count button (screenshot)
- From the Stock Counts page, the specified count appears with a populated the list of products, you can start entering your counts in the Count Quantity fields.
The following list describes the fields available to you;
- *Product: If you find a product that was not included on the count sheet you can enter it in this field and add a count for it.
- Unit: Displays the unit of measure for the specified product. It is a read-only field.
- Pack Size: Displays the pack size for the specified product. It is a read-only field.
- Count Quantity: This field is where you enter the amount of stock you counted for this product. If you have counts for products that are not showing in the list you can enter these.
- Add: Once you have finished entering in your new line, click Add to add to your stock count.
- Once you have completed the Stock Count, all your products for that count will match your physical counts, and you can be confident in knowing that everything is correct and up to date.
Importing Stock Counts
From this page you can import stock counts straight into the stock count list. To do so,
- From the Stock Count Entry page, click on Import
- The Import Stock page appears.
Exporting Stock Counts
- You can export your stock count simply by pressing the Export button.
- You can optionally select PDF or XLS formats. If you just select the Export button without the options it automatically generates a PDF.
- When the export document is generated, you can see the serial numbers listed alongside their allocated warehouse.
Complete your Stock Count
When you complete you will get a confirmation showing you much much products has been counted, adjusted and how many have 0 count. You can then complete the stock count and your count will be updated.
Your stock becomes unfrozen.
Print your Stock Count
In Unleashed, if you are performing a stock count, you can print it whenever you like in order to use it and record counts of your products instantly.
Print option prints you out a sheet of your products with a space for you to enter the quantity. It is an entry sheet.
If you have Serial Number Tracking
Working with Serialized Products and stock entries (Stock Count Entries)
Any changes you make to the stock count entry page with Serialized Product enabled, i.e. select/deselect/add, is not saved when the Stock Count entry is saved, only the count quantity is saved in that instance. Therefore, Serial numbers only saves when you complete the Stock Count Entry.
In this section, we explore how you can use the Serialized Products feature on the Perpetual stock entry page. When you enable the Serialized Products feature, this page displays the following functions;
- The Serial Number column
- Serial number filters become available.
How to adjust your stock level during a stock count (adding and removing serial numbers)
You can adjust stock during a stock count, add and remove serial numbers. You can also search for serial numbers that are not currently on the list.
- From the Create Stock Count page, select the (+) icon from the Serial Number column
- The items field expands; you can add or remove serial numbers accordingly.
- If you add a valid serial number, it automatically checks that it is valid.
- Press Add Serial when ready.
By un-checking a serial number on the list, it is then deleted when you complete the stock count.
- Click Save to complete your adjustment.
If you have Batch Number Tracking
Working with Batch Tracked Products and stock entries (Stock Count Entries)
Any changes you make to the Stock Count Entry page when Batch Tracked is enabled — i.e. select/deselect/add — is not saved when the Stock Count entry is saved, only the count quantity is saved in that instance. Therefore, Batch Numbers only save when you complete the Stock Count Entry.
In this section, we explore how the Batch Tracked feature works on the Perpetual Stock Entry page. When you enable Batch Tracking, this page displays the;
- Batch column
- Batch number filters become available.
How to adjust your stock level during a stock count (adding and removing Batch Numbers)
You can adjust stock during a stock count, add and remove batch numbers. You can also search for batch numbers that are not currently on the list.
- From the Create Stock Entries page, select the (+) icon from the batch column (screenshot).
- The items field expands; you can add (+) or remove (-) batch numbers accordingly.
- If you add a batch number, it automatically checks that it is valid.
- Press Add Batch when ready.
By un-checking a batch number on the list, it is then deleted when you complete the stock count.
- Click Save to complete.
Printing Serial Numbers and Batch Numbers on your Count list
When using Unleashed to count stock, you can print and view which product for a batch or Serial you are supposed to have in your warehouse.
How to print serial and batch numbers on count lists
- On the Create Stock Count Entry page, make sure that select All from the Print button drop-down arrow
- Select All and a PDF is generated.
- On the PDF, you can see the batch numbers (and serial numbers) .
Exporting Serial Numbers and Batch Numbers
How to export your serial numbers
- You can export your stock count simply by pressing the Export button.
- You can optionally select PDF or XLS formats.
- When the export document is generated, you can see the serial numbers and/or Batch Numbers listed alongside their allocated warehouse.