Vend's new Promo Codes feature is an extension to their Promotion's feature which will let you set up Promo Codes to offer your customers discounts on all or selected products in your store.
Important: Promo Codes are only available for retailers who are on their latest Pro, Enterprise, Advanced or Multi-Outlet pricing plans. You can set up your Promo Codes on your Mac, PC, and through the Vend iPad app.
Note: You will need to be on Vend on iPad version 3.0.1 and above to redeem promo codes whilst using Vend on iPad in store.
Setting up Promo Codes for Basic Promotions
Note: If you are using the Vend on iPad app to set up promo codes for your store, first click on Dashboard which will open the web version of Vend on your iPad. You will then be able to follow the steps below to set up your promo codes.
To create a new promo code for your Basic Promotions, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Products -> Promotions.
2. To add a new promotion, click the Add Promotion.
3. Give this promotion a name, short description, date range and specify which outlet(s) this promotion will apply to. If you select All Outlets, any future outlets that are added to your store will also be included under this promotion.
4. Next, select Basic.
5. Set a percentage discount or a dollar discount off this promotion. This discount will be applied to the current retail price of all products included in this promotion.
6. Finally, specify whether this promotion applies to all products or a specific product set.
7. At this point, select Exclusive to some to apply promo codes to your promotion.
8. You will then see the Apply a Promo Code option. Select this.
9. A screen will show you the steps to take to set up promo codes in your store.
10. Add your custom promo codes. When creating a new promo code, make sure that you use unique and specific promo codes, as you will not be able to reuse or edit a promo code once it has expired or been created. For example, if you are creating a Christmas Promo Code, make it specific to the year, i.e. christmassale2018, as opposed to christmassale.
The promo codes can be redeemed as many times as you decide. You may add a max Number of Redemptions to limit the number of times a specific promo code is redeemed. For more information on adding a redemption limit to your promo codes, click here.
Note: Promo codes are not case sensitive and cannot contain spaces. You will also not have an option to edit your promo codes. Therefore, make sure that the promo codes are correct before you finish.
11. Once you have added all your custom Promo Codes, select Add New Codes.
12. Complete the remaining steps for your promotion such as deciding whether to offer Loyalty. Click Save to create your new Basic Promotion with Promo Codes.