Setting up a Socket Mobile S700/D700 Series barcode scanner on your iPad
Modified on: Thu, 12 Sep, 2019 at 1:36 PM
Socket Mobile's SocketScan 700 Series and DuraScan Series of barcode scanners connect to your iPad via Bluetooth and allow you to scan your items wirelessly. The models below are currently supported:
Before you begin
Fully charge your barcode scanner for six hours before using it for the first time. To charge your barcode scanner:
- Connect one endof the Charging Connector to the Power Connector on the right-hand side of the barcode scanner.
- Connect the other endof the Charging Connector to an AC Power Supply. Connecting to a computer's USB port is not recommended.
- Connect the AC Power Supply to a power outlet.
To indicate that the barcode scanner is charging, its Battery Light at the top-left of the Scan button turns amber. Once it's fully charged, its Battery Light will turn green.
Pair your barcode scanner with your iPad
- Turn on your barcode scanner by pressing and holding the power button. Its Battery Light turns on, its blue Bluetooth Light at the top-right of the Scan button starts blinking quickly and it beeps twice.
- By default, your barcode scanner is set to Basic Mode. To use your barcode scanner and keyboard at the same time in the Retail POS app, you need to set it to Application Mode. To do so, scan the barcode below directly from your iPad's screen. Your barcode scanner beeps three times to indicate that it has changed modes.
Note: If scanning your iPad screen doesn't work, you can also print and scan the barcode. If you do, however, make sure to not stretch it in the printing process as it'll make it unscannable. The barcode are also included in Socket Mobile's User Guide if you have it on hand.
- On your iPad, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
- In the Bluetooth panel, enable the Bluetooth switch.
- Under OTHER DEVICES, tap your barcode scanner. Once the pairing process is complete, your barcode scanner displayed as Connectedunder MY DEVICES. Its blue Bluetooth Light also turns solid.
: If you've paired the wrong barcode scanner, press and hold its Scan
button followed by its Power
button. It powers off and once you power it back on, its blue Bluetooth light should be blinking quickly, indicating that it's discoverable once again.
If you're having issues pairing your barcode scanner with your iPad, try turning your iPad's Bluetooth switch off and back on. If you're still having issues, Please contact support.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.