The Add Purchase page enables you to add a new purchase order. You can also import Purchase Orders into Unleashed, see Import Purchases.
Before adding a Purchase Order
Adding a Purchase Order with No Cost Lines
- Go to Purchases | Purchase Orders | Add Purchase.
- Enter the supplier code or name to select a Supplier.
- Enter or select details for the following fields:
- Supplier Reference: Enter a value so you can easily reference it in your integrated accounting provider.
- Supplier Invoice Date
- Tax Rate
- The delivery address fields are automatically filled-in from the selected warehouse records. You can also search for customer addresses by clicking the magnifying glass next to the Delivery Name field.
- Order Date
- Delivery Date
The Exchange Rate field will be displayed only if the supplier uses a foreign currency. All totals will be calculated in the supplier currency. Currency is not updated automatically to provide flexibility for updating the exchange rates as required. Therefore, ensure that you update Settings | System | Currency Rates regularly to reflect the correct values.
- Add the required products.
- Enter or search and select the product.
- Specify the quantity. The product price will be retrieved from the Product record (it will use a supplier-specific price if set).
- Click Add.
- If you want to add more products or edit some details later, click Save | Parked to park the order, else continue to Step 5.
- If you have no cost lines to add, go to Step 6. If you want to add cost lines, go to Adding a Purchase Order with Cost Lines.
- Click Place once you have sent the purchase order to your supplier and are waiting for it to arrive.
- After you receive the purchase order, click Receipt. For more information, see Receipt Purchase.
- Click Complete to complete the purchase order and send the details to the integrated accounting provider.
Adding a Purchase Order with Cost Lines
- Complete Step 1 to Step 4 in Adding a Purchase Order.
- In the Cost Lines area, add the purchase costs:
- Enter or search and select the supplier.
- The Exchange Rate, Cost Date, Currency, and Tax fields will be automatically filled.
For foreign currency orders the exchange rate should be the rate at which you are paying for the order (or as close as possible). If you do part payments then it should be the average rate between the total amount paid in both currencies. If you do not have multi-currency option in your Accounting Provider, then the order will be converted and exported using this exchange rate.
- Select or clear the Taxable checkbox as required.
- Specify the cost.
- In the Reference field, specify details that will enable you to easily locate the purchase cost in your integrated accounting provider.
- Click Add. The costs you add will be allocated over the purchase lines on a weighted basis using the sub total of the each line. This will help in providing accurate margin values.
You can add purchase costs to a specific product on a purchase order and then customize the allocated cost for each purchase line. This can be done by editing the Costing Total field. The costs allocated to the purchase lines must equal the sum of all purchase costs. This feature is available only for specific plans. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- You can save the purchase order with a Parked, Costed, or Placed status. Once your purchase order has been placed, you can clone, add costs, print or email.
- Click Clone to copy the contents of an existing purchase order into a new purchase order. You can select a different supplier.
- Click Print Costing or Print.
- Click Email and enter the required details.
- After you receive the purchase order, click Receipt to create a receipt for the purchase order. For more information, see Receipt Purchase.
You cannot enter costs once you complete a purchase order. If you want to add more costs later, ensure that the purchase order is in Receipted status.
If you have a Bill of Material (BOM) for a product and it is marked as 'Auto-Disassemble', then upon completing a purchase order it will be broken down into its components. This is ideal for buying in one unit of measure and selling/stock it in another e.g. Buy by the pallet but stock/sell it by the box or per item.
When you complete a purchase order that has a product with a Bill of Material set to 'Auto-disassemble':
- Unleashed automatically creates a disassembly.
- Removes stock for the specified product being disassembled, and adds stock to the component products instead.
- Applies Landed Costs on the component products being created and completes the transaction.
For more information, see Disassembly and Add Disassembly.
Add Purchase Order tutorial
Managing Prepayments/Deposits made in local currency in Unleashed
Making prepayments on a purchase order is useful if you have a supplier that requires a deposit or complete prepayment before they fulfill it. This information needs to be recorded somewhere. We recommend using the Comments field on your purchase order to do this. For example, you may want to write a comment like this one; "50% deposit paid on this date via TT Receipt Number: 12345"
You make the prepayment/deposit in your accounting provider, and then to be later reconciled to the Unleashed Purchase Invoice. Refer to your Accounting Provider Support for more information on how to make prepayment/deposit in your accounting provider.
Prepayments may not be supported in foreign currency within your accounting provider.
Additionally, you can decide on your Purchase Order template whether you want this information displayed to the local Supplier or simply just add it as a Payment Term. Unleashed only sends completed transactions to your Accounting provider in the currency that the purchase order is in.
About Purchase Enquiry The Purchase Enquiry report is a purchase order report. It enables you to filter and report on all your purchase lines. You can filter purchases by date, order status, warehouse, product, supplier, or supplier reference (such ...
How do I create a Purchase Order?
You can create a purchase order in the Purchases module. Navigate to Purchases | Purchase Orders | Add Purchase Or Navigate to the View Purchase page and add purchase orders.
Add Supplier Return
The Add Supplier Return page enables you to process a return for the selected purchase order, including purchase orders with added cost lines. Tips for creating new supplier returns Ensure you select the warehouse where the goods will be returned ...
Add Warehouse Transfer
If you want to transfer stock between warehouses, you can add a warehouse transfer. For more information about adding and setting up warehouses, see Warehouses. You can also import multiple warehouse transfers. Adding a Warehouse Transfer Go to ...
Add Bill of Materials
The Bill of Materials page lets you create and maintain the components and quantities that make your finished goods. When creating a new Bill of Materials, first select the product to be created. All assembled products must be created in Unleashed, ...