The Add Sales Order page enables you to enter sales orders for customers. This page provides you with the flexibility to edit sales orders at line level.
If you want the ability to create multiple shipments, multiple invoices, and purchases, you must enable the Order Management feature from Settings | Organization | Company. For more information, see Order Management.
If you have created and completed a sales order incorrectly, then you need to add a credit note for the value and return the stock (if required). Alternatively, you can add an order for more items.
Points to Note
Ensure that customer and warehouse have already been created in Unleashed before creating a sales order.
Customers assigned to a sales order cannot be changed, once a product line has been added to it.
Warehouses can be changed as long as there are no completed shipments.
You cannot merge or edit completed sales orders.
If the customer is using a foreign currency, the default sell price does not get converted to the customer's currency. For more information, see Selling to a customer in foreign currency.
Adding a Sales Order
- Go to Sales | Orders | Add Sales Order.
- Select a Customer.
- Complete the following details:
Customer Reference: These details are synced to the Reference field for the integrated accounting provider.
Discount (%): Enter a discount amount to be added to each product line.
The discount entered in this field will not be applied to product lines that have a customer price associated with the product for the selected customer. For more information, see Customer Pricing.
Tax Rate: If you have set up a tax rate for the customer then it displays here. The Tax Rate used is based on the tax hierarchy in Unleashed (Settings | System | Taxes).
Warehouse: Select the warehouse that you are selling from and where the stock will be taken out of.
Delivery Method, Delivery Name and Address fields: Select/enter the required values.
Salesperson: Can be configured from System | Settings | Salespersons. This value can be used to generate the Sales Enquiry report for each salesperson. Sales enquiries can be filtered for a certain salesperson, and sales figures compared between individuals for performance tracking. You can use the filter on the Margin Enquiry to see what sales have been made by particular sale person. Other useful data analysis could include planning commission structures.
Sales Order Group: The sales order group to associate with this order.
Order Date: Order creation date. This field is editable for open orders.
Required Date: This field is editable for open orders.
Completed Date: This field is automatically updated with the date on which the order is Accepted.
Sales Order Template and Packing Slip Template: The doc designer template you want to use for printing.
- Enter details for the Order Lines:
Product: Select the product. Unleashed displays the available amount in the Availability field.
Quantity: Check the value displayed in the Availability field and enter the required quantity.
Price: Displays the unit price of the specified product.
If you have a special price associated with the product for the selected customer, it will be displayed in Red with a tooltip. The special price will override the Default Sell Price and Sell Price Tier Price (click to expand/collapse screenshot).
Discount: If you want to provide a discount percentage, enter the value.
Margin: Displays the margin amount for the specified product. This is calculated by the selling price minus the costed amount divided by the selling price.
- You can add additional charges like freight using the charge lines.
Charge: Reference for the charge you are adding. For example: Freight.
Price: Enter the required value.
Sales Account: This field is visible only if you have an accounting provider integration and is the account the charge value will be posted to.
Tax Rate: This is the default customer tax rate. You cannot change this value.
- Based on the status of the sales order, you can save it using one of the following options:
Park: Default setting. If you want to add or update details before sending to the customer, you can keep the sales order in a Parked status.
Backorder: If not all ordered products are available in stock, you can save the order with Backorder status.
Place: The order is saved with a Placed status. The order must be picked and packed before it can be completed.
Complete: When all details are entered and no further changes are required, you can complete the sales order. The sales order details will be sent to the integrated accounting provider.
The following sections describe the other options available on this page. You can use these options based on your requirements.
Allocating or Deallocating Stock
Enables you to reserve and un-reserve stock for the sales order.
||Reduces available stock.
||Does not affect available stock.
- Only allocates quantities.
- You must assign serial numbers.
|Deselects all serial numbers not related to completed invoices or dispatched shipments.
- Only allocates quantities
- You must assign the batch numbers.
|Resets the quantity to 0 for all batch numbers that are not related to any completed sales orders or invoices.
Cloning a Sales Order
You can use the Clone button to copy the contents of the current order into a new order (you can choose a different customer).
Customer: It can be the same customer or you can select a different customer.
Customer Reference: Add reference notes which will be displayed in the integrated accounting provider reference field.
Use customer price and discount:
Selected: Recalculates the price and discount on the order for the customer you have selected.
Deselected: Uses the price and discount of the order you are cloning irrespective of the customer selected.
Creating a Sales Shipment
Once a shipment is created against the order — the order cannot be deleted — instead, you delete the line items on the order containing the items on backorder and then you complete the Sales Order from there.
Products are removed from stock on hand when a shipment is completed.
Sales Shipments provides you with the ability to manage multiple shipments, all through the shipment process (pick, pack and dispatch) for the line order. Additionally, on this page you can create ship notes and create/edit shipments for orders.
- From the Order button drop-down list, click Create Shipment.
- Complete the information as required or select the required options.
- If you want to use barcode scanning to scan products, see Barcoding. Note that when you click Barcode Scanning, the quantity in the Ship column will change to zero.
- Click Place or Dispatch.
- The Shipments tab displays detailed shipping information and also enables you to manage and edit your shipments at line level.
- You can access the created shipments from the Sales Order or go to Reports | Sales | Shipment Enquiry.
Completing an Assembly
If you have added an auto-assembled product on your sales order, and there is an incomplete assembly associated with the product, you can complete the assembly from the sales order:
- Line Level: Click on the action cog and then click Assemble.
- Order Level: From the Order button drop-down list, click Assemble.
Creating a Purchase Order from a Sales Order
If you have created a sales order for your customer, but do not have sufficient stock to complete the order, you can create a purchase order from the sales order page. The purchase order will be linked to the sales order.
- From the Order button drop-down list, click Create Purchase.
- Confirm the Purchase Qty.
- You must specify the Supplier details. Click on the Supplier field and enter the supplier name or select from the drop-down list (click to expand/collapse screenshot).
- To change the sales order status to Backorder, select the Set Order Status as Backordered checkbox.
- Click Create. The purchase order is created and the link will be displayed in the Created Purchase column (click to expand/collapse screenshot).
- You can click on the link to open the purchase order and add/edit the required details. You can click on the Sales Order No. field link to open the linked sales order (click to expand/collapse screenshot).
For more information about adding/editing purchase orders, see Purchase Orders.
Creating a Sales Invoice
You can create the sales invoice either from the sales order or sales shipment.
- Sales Order: From the Order button drop-down list, click Create Invoice and go to Step 5 OR Sales Shipment: If you have shipped the items in the sales order and want to create an invoice, go to Step 2.
- Go to Sales | Orders.
- Open the Sales Order and click Shipments.
- From the action cog, click Create Invoice.
- The Invoice page is displayed. You can edit the following fields:
- Invoice Date
- Payment Terms
- Invoice Template
- Invoice Lines Quantity
- Click Save if you want to add more details or click Complete. You can also Print or Email the invoice.
If you click Complete, the invoice is sent to the integrated accounting provider.
Add Sales Order Tutorial