How do I use the QuickBooks Online integration?
Important: This product integration is only available to customers in the USA.
This article includes:
- How do my register closures send to QuickBooks Online?
- How do I process refunds when I'm using QuickBooks Online?
How do my register closures send to QuickBooks Online?
Once you've set up the integration , your register closures will automatically post to QuickBooks Online.
On the Sell Screen in Vend, click 'Close Register', then check your Sales Transactions in QuickBooks Online. The register closure and payments will appear.
What happens if my register closure doesn't post/appear in QuickBooks Online?
Sometimes, your register closure sending might be delayed. This is usually caused by Vend needing to queue requests to send information to QuickBooks Online.
In this case, your register closure report, located on the Dashboard, will have a red QBO logo next to the register closure listing. This may also appear if there has been an error sending your register closure.
You can click the red logo to reattempt sending the register closure information to QuickBooks Online.
How do I process refunds when I'm using QuickBooks Online?
At the moment, there are some limitations with how you can process refunds when you're linked to QuickBooks Online.
I'm refunding a payment taken using an integrated payment type:
- Complete your refund using the standard refund process for your payment provider in Vend.
- In QuickBooks Online, complete a manual adjustment to record that change in your sales totals.
- If the amount you've refunded customers exceeds the total taken that day for payments, your register closure will fail. Please contact our Support Team.
I'm refunding a payment taken through another payment type, such as cash, check, or non-integrated card payments:
- Complete your refund using the standard Vend refund process
- The daily sales total and payment totals will include this when you close your register.
- If the amount you've refunded customers exceeds the total taken that day for payments, your register closure will fail. Please contact our Support Team for help.
How do I set up my QuickBooks Online integration?
How does it work? The QuickBooks Online integration enables Vend customers in the US to easily post their end of day sales, payment counts, and cost of goods sold to their QuickBooks Online account. This makes it quick and easy for retailers to keep ...
QuickBooks Integration Guide
QuickBooks offers on-the-go, easy, and efficient accounting applications for small to medium-sized businesses. Unleashed can integrate with QuickBooks, allowing information to flow seamlessly to provide your business with real-time information on ...
Shopify Integration Guide
Shopify is a complete e-commerce solution that allows you to set up an online store to sell your goods. It lets you organize your products, customize your storefront, accept credit card payments, track and respond to orders. The integration ...
Magento Integration FAQs
How are Magento invoices imported into Unleashed? Once the integration is setup, Invoices are imported from Magento into Unleashed as parked sales orders. The following options are also available on the Manage your Data tab: Transfer previous ...
Xero Integration Guide
Unleashed can integrate with your accounting provider to provide your business with real-time information. This is useful when completing transactions in Unleashed, such as receivables, credits and stock journals. Important notice These details ...