If you create a shipment and not all ordered products are available, the status of the Sales Order will default to "Backordered". This is a status to simply show you that not everything has gone to the customer. If it is backordered, you can create a purchase order to get the remaining stock and then ship it. Once the stock comes into your business via the Purchase Order, the Backorder Enquiry report will help you identify sales that can now be completed.
Tips to Manage Backorders
- Create a shipment for the stock that can be shipped now. This will default the order status to be backordered.
- Create an invoice for the goods that have been dispatched by creating an invoice from the shipment - this can be done using the action cog on the Shipments tab
- Create a Purchase Order directly from the Sales Order or run the Reorder report to purchase stock for multiple Sales Orders at the same time.
- The BackOrder Enquiry report displays
- what has been shipped
- what you are are processing out of the door
- quantity that can be shipped
- You can also view the details on the following columns from Sales | Orders | View Sales Orders
Show Backordered Quantity on Sales Order printouts
You can show backordered quantity details on printouts for both sales orders and invoices by adding the following columns to the Doc Designer templates:
- UnshippedQuantity (To Ship)
- ShippedQty (Shipped)
- UnCompleteInvoicedQuantity (To Invoice)
- CompletedInvoiceQuantity (Invoiced)
You can find these columns on the Settings | Doc Designer | Component tab. You must select the SalesOrderLinesGrid on the template page
The following details will be printed on the Sales Order
Manage and View Credits
After you create credits in Unleashed, you can use the View Credits page to view and manage your credits. Viewing Credits Go to Sales | Credits | View Credits. The list of Parked credits is displayed. You can filter by Credit Status, Credit Note ...
Manage Drop Ship Orders
Dropshipping is a method where the supplier does not store the items sold in stock but purchases the items from a third party and ships directly to the customer. You can use the following process to manage the drop ship orders in Unleashed. Managing ...
Manage and View Customers
After you import or create customers in Unleashed, you can use the View Customers page to view and manage your customers. Viewing Customers Go to Customers | View Customers. The list of customers is displayed. You can filter by Customer, Customer ...
Manage and View Sales Orders
After you import or create sales orders in Unleashed, you can use the View Orders page to view and manage your orders. Viewing Sales Orders Go to Sales | Orders | View Orders. The list of orders is displayed. You can filter by fields. To import ...
Manage/View Warehouse Transfers
The View Warehouse Transfer page enables you to view all Warehouse Transfers. By default, this page displays Warehouse Transfers with Open status. Viewing Warehouse Transfers Go to Inventory | Transactions | Warehouse Transfers. From the Status ...