The Sales module enables you to manage quotes, orders, shipments, and invoices. For instance, you can create a sales order outlining the sales details and what the customer owes you, while calculating the margin and profit from the cost of goods sold.
- All details, data entry and history regarding customers, quotes, orders, invoices, and credits are available under the Sales module tab.
- There are a range of reports on sales, margins and profitability. For more information, see Margin Enquiry, Backorder Enquiry, and Unit Sales Enquiry.
- You can design templates for printing sales documents. For more information, see Doc Designer and Printing Sales Documents.
The following diagram illustrates the Unleashed sales process.
Dotted lines indicate optional features like accounting provider integration (Xero or QuickBooks), API, data import, and integration with third-party add-ons supported by Unleashed.
What is a Quote?
- A Sales Quote enables a potential buyer to see estimated costs for the product or service that is delivered to them.
- In Unleashed, you can use Sales Quotes to start the sales process by creating a quote and sending to customers for review.
- You can assign different quote statuses based on the steps you have completed for efficient tracking.
- For more information, see Sales Quotes.
What is a Sales Order?
- A Sales Order is an internal order document created by a business for a customer that authorizes sale of specified items, issued after receipt of a customer's purchase order.
- A Sales Order can either be for products, services or both.
- You can add and manage sales orders in Unleashed.
- For more information, see Sales Orders.
What is Order Management?
Order Management is turned OFF by default. You can enable it from Settings | Organization | Company.
Order Management ON: multiple shipments and invoices per sales order.
Order Management OFF: one shipment and invoice per sales order.
- Order Management is a set of actions that the seller can perform to ensure the goods are delivered to the customer in the most efficient way possible.
- Unleashed's Order Management provides you increased transparency in the order management process. You have more control to manage shipments in the warehouse with multiple invoice, order and shipment statuses.
- This functionality provides you with an improved structure, because warehouse staff can update what's happening within the warehouse, and administration staff can access that information quickly and easily.
- Users can set and check order and shipment statuses, you can keep customers informed at regular intervals.
The table describes available options based on whether Order Management feature is ON or OFF. For more information, see Workflow examples.
||Order Management - ON
||Order Management - OFF
- Create multiple shipments and invoices
- If there is insufficient stock, you can create a purchase for the sales order
- Additional Action Cog options on the View Sales Order page - Ship and Purchase
|One sales invoice and shipment will automatically be created for every sales order
- Create part shipments: This enables you to ship what you have now and backorder the remainder of the stock.
- Access to the Shipment Enquiries report page
- Create new shipping companies to use in Unleashed
- Create ship notes
- Create and complete part invoices per sales order
- View and manage invoices from the Invoice Enquiry report page.
||The Shipment Enquiry and Backorder Enquiry reports are not available
Order Management Workflow Examples
In this section, we provide use case scenarios to demonstrate how you can use the sales module, with several different workflow scenarios.
Order Management OFF
Matt, a new Unleashed user wants to keep his workflow simple. So, he has decided to retain the default option of Order Management disabled. Therefore he can only have one Shipment and Invoice per Sales Order. When Matt creates and completes a sales order, an invoice and shipment are automatically generated.
Order Management ON
Sarah, another Unleashed user, decides to enable Order Management. Therefore, she has the ability of having multiple shipments and invoices for each individual Sales Order i.e. she can create a part shipment or invoice.
What is a Sales Invoice?
- A Sales Invoice is an itemized list or statement that provides the customer a list of goods that they have received from the business that they purchased items from.
- In Unleashed, you (as a business owner) can use the Sales Invoice function to create, edit and send invoices to customers quickly and easily. This allows you to have the flexibility of customizing invoices to suit your purposes, and enhances the transparency of the sales process.
- There are two forms of invoicing controlled by the Order Management feature.
- For more information, see Create a Sales Invoice and Invoice Enquiry.
What is a Shipment?
- A shipment is the action of shipping goods; which could be the items or goods in stock that needs to get transported from one location to another.
- Unleashed's shipment function gives you the ability to manage shipments, including multiple shipments for one Sales Order, all through the shipping process (pick, pack and dispatch).
- For more information, see Create a Sales Shipment and Shipment Enquiry.
About Sales Enquiry The Sales Enquiry page enables you to filter and report on your Sales lines. This includes all sales, regardless of what their status is, e.g: Parked, Completed or Deleted etc. The Sales Enquiry will show all sales regardless of ...
Printing Sales Documents
The following sales documents can be printed. Sales Order Sales Invoice Ship Note Packing Slip Credit Note Sales Quote Note: The default templates for printing invoices and packing slips can be set on the Customers | Details tab. Print Sales Order, ...
Batch Complete Sales Orders
The Batch Complete page enables you to complete open sales orders in bulk. Completing Batches of Sales Orders Go to Sales | Orders | Batch Complete. Select the required status from the Status drop-down list. You can select Open, Parked, Placed, or ...
Sales Order Groups
About Sales Order Groups The Sales Order Group page enables you to create your own group on a sales order, this could include; region or branch and you can specify whatever options you require. You can filter on this field in the Margin Enquiry. ...
Add Sales Quotes
The Add Sales Quote page enables you to enter quote(s) for a customer. Quotes have their own unique prefix that can be accessed and edited from Settings | System | Prefixes. New quotes are assigned to the next available quote number. Sales orders ...