Setting up the matrix items in the CSV file
Importing matrix items
To import inventory items via our Retail Imports team, please refer to this article.
The Item Import tool handles matrix items differently than normal singles and non-inventory items. Here is a full outline on how the Item Import tool handles matrix items upon creating and updating them.
Considerations upon creating matrix items
- Matrix items with new Attributes (1-3) can be created through an import.
Considerations upon updating matrix items
- Matrix Description cannot be updated.
- The following fields can be updated on matrix items. Changing these fields will update every variant in the matrix:
- Subcategory 1-9
- Tax Class
- Item Type (Single/Non-Inventory/Assembly/Box)
- Serialized (true/false)
- The following fields can be updated on a matrix item. Changing these fields will update the individualvariant in the matrix:
- Custom SKU
- Manufacturer SKU
- Online Price
- Default Cost
- Reorder Point
- Reorder Level
- Vendor ID
- Publish to eCom
- Tags (Clear Existing/Add)
- Matrix Attribute Set cannot be updated (for example: changing Color to Color/Size)
- Attributes (1-3) cannot be updated or removed.
- Matrix items can be Archived, but archiving variants will not archive the matrix itself.
- Matrix items cannot be updated to be removed from a matrix.
- The quantity on hand and unit cost of your matrix items can only be imported upon their creation. They can't be updated.
Setting up the import file
Setting up the import files To import inventory items via our Retail Imports team, please refer to this article. The Item Import tool extracts your inventory data from an import file (CSV or Excel file) that you create and then upload to the Item ...
Adding a Matrix item
If a product has variants like different sizes, colors or any other attributes, such product is called Matrix item in Lightspeed. Before creating a matrix item, we need to create the attribute set. This video will assist you with setting up the ...
Adding new and editing existing products in the CSV file
Formatting item import files To import inventory items via our Retail Imports team, please refer to this article. How you format your import file is dependent on if you're: Creating new items Updating existing items If you're also importing images, ...
Importing Customers in a CSV file
When setting up a new Vend system, customers can easily be imported as a CSV file. This means you can transfer customers from an existing system (such as MYOB, Outlook or Sharepoint), by exporting them from that system as a spreadsheet or CSV, ...
How do I edit my products using a CSV file?
Sometimes, you might need to edit a lot of your products at once. This might be because you're changing pricing, or it's the end of a season and you need to deactivate products, or you want to update your tags or product types. What do I need to know ...