Setting up the matrix items in the CSV file
Importing matrix items
To import inventory items via our Retail Imports team, please refer to this article.
The Item Import tool handles matrix items differently than normal singles and non-inventory items. Here is a full outline on how the Item Import tool handles matrix items upon creating and updating them.
Considerations upon creating matrix items
- Matrix items with new Attributes (1-3) can be created through an import.
Considerations upon updating matrix items
- Matrix Description cannot be updated.
- The following fields can be updated on matrix items. Changing these fields will update every variant in the matrix:
- Subcategory 1-9
- Tax Class
- Item Type (Single/Non-Inventory/Assembly/Box)
- Serialized (true/false)
- The following fields can be updated on a matrix item. Changing these fields will update the individualvariant in the matrix:
- Custom SKU
- Manufacturer SKU
- Online Price
- Default Cost
- Reorder Point
- Reorder Level
- Vendor ID
- Publish to eCom
- Tags (Clear Existing/Add)
- Matrix Attribute Set cannot be updated (for example: changing Color to Color/Size)
- Attributes (1-3) cannot be updated or removed.
- Matrix items can be Archived, but archiving variants will not archive the matrix itself.
- Matrix items cannot be updated to be removed from a matrix.
- The quantity on hand and unit cost of your matrix items can only be imported upon their creation. They can't be updated.
Adding a Matrix item
If a product has variants like different sizes, colors or any other attributes, such a product is called a Matrix item in Lightspeed. Before creating a matrix item, we need to create the attribute set. This video will assist you with setting up the ...
Bulk importing items via CSV
Adding a single item is simple. But adding 100s of items manually will be time cosuming. To quickly add many items, Lightspeed retail provides with a template file. This video will show how to fill this template file and what all columns are ...
Importing the file
Importing items To import inventory items via our Retail Imports team, please refer to this article. This article describes how to launch the Item Import tool and import or update your items. Before you begin, however, make sure you've: Prepared your ...
Creating Lightspeed R series account
If you are looking for a POS that will help you with growing your business than Lightspeed Retail R series is for you. It has so many features that every retailer wishes to have. You just need to provide some basic information to create an account. ...
Lightspeed R Series Additional settings
There are a few more settings that needs to be updated like Company branding, receipts, Payment types, Tax, etc. Lightspeed R series also gives you the option to add the custom fields for Products and Customers. Check this video to understand what ...