You can use the Doc Designer to create a new template or modify the default templates provided by Unleashed. Once you create a new template or duplicate an existing template, the Template and Toolbox tabs will be displayed and you can use the advanced features to customize your templates for the following documents:
- Purchase Orders
- Supplier Returns
- Invoices: If you do not have Order Management enabled, then all invoicing options are disabled and you cannot access them in the Doc Designer.
- Ship Notes
- Packing Slips
- Sales Quotes
- Sales Orders
- Credit Notes
- When Order Management is enabled, the Packing Slip template is disabled and two additional templates Ship Notes and Picklists are available.
- You can view outstanding items that need to be shipped and invoiced on invoice printouts. For more information, see Changes - 13th June.
- You can copy an invoice template and save it as a Sales Quote template.
- The Order Type component prints the report based on the order status. For example, a Parked, Placed or Back-ordered order will print a Tax order and a Quote status will print a Quote order.
- You cannot customize Warehouse Transfers in the Doc Designer.
Doc Designer Tutorial
Creating a New Template
- Go to Settings | Doc Designer and select the template you want to create.
- On the Document tab, click New.
- Specify a name and then click Create.
Customizing the Default Template
- Go to Settings | Doc Designer and select the template you want to duplicate.
- On the Document tab, select the template from the Template Name drop-down list.
- Click Duplicate.
- Specify a name and then click Create.
- You can select the default font name and size which will be used for all components in the template.
- To print serial or batch numbers on sales orders, invoices, ship notes, and picklists, you can select the Include Serial Numbers or Include Batch Numbers checkboxes. These are enabled by default for ship notes and picklists.
The Toolbox tab contains all the different components and data fields you can add to the document. You can drag and drop them on the template. You can then re-size and arrange them according to your preferences. Once a component has been added to the document, you can customize it by clicking on it and navigating to the Component tab on the right. This contains specific fields related to the component that you can customize.
Text - Text field that you can create and customize. These are typically used as labels.
Grid - Grid component which contains all information pertaining to a document; i.e. Invoices will have Invoice Line Grid (and Remaining Lines Grid), Orders will have the Order Lines Grid and Purchase Orders will have a Purchase Order Lines Grid and the Charges grid. The Charges grid is available on the Sales Order, Sales Invoice, Credits and Quote templates.
Company Logo - Use this component to add your company logo.
Image - Image component you can use to add upto four images.
The rest of the components you can add depends on what type of document you are working on and will typically contain:
Company Data - Company name, phone numbers and addresses.
Other Data - Payment details, order date and other information related to the transactions.
The Component tab is available for the grid areas on all templates except Packing Slips.
- The Type and Grid Name fields are read-only.
- You can select the required column settings in the Column Control area.
- The fields available in Column Control will change based on the selected template.
- Click on the column you want to include in your document and select the Visible check box.
- You can include upto three attribute values.
Previewing Document Templates
- Select the Preview tab and click on the document to preview the document as you create it.
- If you want a copy of the PDF version, click PDF Preview.
Publishing Document Templates
Once you have customized your existing template, you can publish the changes.
- Modify your template as required.
- Click Publish. You will only be able to view the new modified template in your printed documents after you publish them.
- To start over, click Discard Draft.
Deleting Document Templates
You can delete a duplicate template even if it has been used before.
- Select the template and click Delete. A warning message appears asking you to confirm the deletion if it is linked to an existing transaction.
If you delete a template, the linked transactions will use the default template!
If you create a shipment and not all ordered products are available, the status of the Sales Order will default to "Backordered". This is a status to simply show you that not everything has gone to the customer. If it is backordered, you can create a ...
You can record reference data in the form of attributes belonging to attribute sets. An attribute set is a set of custom fields (attributes). For example: Attribute Set: Television, Attributes: Country Of Origin, Model, and Tariff Code. Attribute ...
Add Sales Quotes
The Add Sales Quote page enables you to enter quote(s) for a customer. Quotes have their own unique prefix that can be accessed and edited from Settings | System | Prefixes. New quotes are assigned to the next available quote number. Sales orders ...
The Sales module enables you to manage quotes, orders, shipments, and invoices. For instance, you can create a sales order outlining the sales details and what the customer owes you, while calculating the margin and profit from the cost of goods ...
Adding Sales Order
The Add Sales Order page enables you to enter sales orders for customers. This page provides you with the flexibility to edit sales orders at line level. If you want the ability to create multiple shipments, multiple invoices, and purchases, you ...